February 15, 2019

Lace self-designed top

I knew what I wanted in general, and then started to search for patterns that would fit the idea. I modified my first plan to that much that I made an open back. Otherwise quite the idea I had in mind and what I draw on paper.
Here are general guidelines to make it, no counts, but all the patterns used for the different parts.

So I started from the middle, I knitted the waist line, pattern down, the right side the same curve as the left side on the pattern. For me I repeated the pattern ten times.

Then I picked up all the stitches with the same 2,5 needle size, then the next row lessened the stitches by two and the same time went to needle size 4.
At the sides two times made the extra stitches to widen the top at chest. From the bottom of armpits, went up by tree, front and two back parts. Few rows before finish made the neck line.

Then united the waist line piece just from the bottom for few stitches and picked up all the round to make the bottom part. Started with the original pattern and first leaf last row didnt take both sized together, that made the pattern one stitch wider, same the second leaf. The third had already 30 stitches more.

All the edges have crochet finish.

Then found the buttons I wanted and voila! Super happy with the result! :)












1 comment: