October 23, 2012

Tips for my flower tutorial


I like to bead with a long thread (dont want to make knots in the work), but it can be a hassle. The thread gets tangled up and makes a mess, and it takes so much time to get it straight again. Well throughout the flowers I have made I have my technics to avoid that.

Firstly I hold the thread tight while I pull it through beads, see the picture.
Number 1 is the thread that is from the work, I hold this one also tight, so the pulling does not accidentally pull some previously beaded beads loose.
Number 2 is the thread that is just going into the bead that I am passing the needle through. When you hold this one with fingers, then this does not let the thread to get tangled up and make knots that you dont want.
Number 3 is the thread that is from the needle.

Secondly, I occasionally let the work just hang, holding by the needle, then the thread uncoils.

But sometimes its not really possible to take such a long thread, as in my flower tutorial. There I make it with two pieces of thread. First I take about 180 cm long, it is just enough to get the core and the first petal done, then I pass it in the middle. And start with a new thread from the middle, and I dont even need to make a knot.

Enjoy beading!!:)

................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment